National Business Institute Seminar – Top 5 Most Problematic Parts of Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements
Event: Monday, October 23, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EST)
Member John Hawthorne to present at the upcoming National Business Institute Seminar on Monday, October 23rd to discuss the Top 5 Most Problematic Parts of Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements. Leaving important items out of the contract can cause big problems months after the sale goes through. In preparation for this practical, top challenges course, savvy real estate professionals across the nation were asked what they consider to be the top stickiest items they’ve had to resolve over the last few years in a purchase and sale agreement. The responses were compiled and now experienced faculty are ready to take you through the list of problematic items most often encountered and increasingly litigated. You’ll take away best practices and real-life examples so that you can protect your clients and keep them out of trouble. Register today!
- Anticipate problems and resolve issues that may arise, including environmental and legal compliance matters.
- Gain an intimate understanding of the contract’s most problematic parts so you can confidently draft modifications while preserving enforceability.
- Strategically draft due diligence provisions within the purchase and sale agreement.
- Confidently craft contingency clauses and avoid complexities.
- Prevent minor discrepancies from killing major real estate deals by learning key negotiation techniques for discussing the most challenging parts of the contract.
- Educate your clients on what risky representations and liabilities they are signing onto and what mechanisms are in place to protect them.
- Study difficult disclosure and contingency requirements for real estate transactions.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level program is for the following professionals:
- Real Estate Brokers
- Title Professionals
- Escrow Agents
- Other Real Estate Professionals Involved with Real Estate Contracts
- Problematic Letters of Intent and Walking Through the Purchase and Sale Agreement (An Overview)
- Crafting Tricky Contingency Clauses (w/Real-World Examples)
- Parties, Price, Property and Payment Provision Problems (w/Real-World Examples)
- Due Diligence Provision Disasters (w/Real-World Examples)
- Disclosures, Reps, Warranties and Indemnities – Top Challenges (w/Real-World Examples)
- Legal Ethics
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
Real Estate – Real Estate: 7.00
* denotes specialty credits